The United Kingdom has the most vibrant history of gaming, it started decades ago, however, in 1845 and 1853, gambling was prohibited in the UK until the 1960s when it was legalized and supervised by the Government. Nevertheless, it was restricted; and adverts on casinos and other casino games were limited. In 2005, an Act of Parliament was passed legalizing the advertisement of gambling games and casinos.
Today gambling has grown in the UK; many casino websites are joining the industry on a weekly basis. The Internet has further created an enabling environment for the prosperity of the gaming industry.
UK Gambling Regulation
The fight toward the regulation of gambling is dated back to 1800s when there were claims of significant betting frauds and corrupt lottery. Many laws existed and formulated the gambling board of Great Britain. However, in 2005, the UK Gambling Commission was established to regulate this industry.
To date, the commission has regulated the industry providing safe gaming environment to players and gambling sites. The commission has set rules and regulation in the field, which requires all gambling companies and websites to be licensed. Furthermore, it established taxes laws, which allow players within and outside the United Kingdom to get taxed up to 15% from their dues. The changes promise a safer and regulated industry. Below are the key benefits of the regulations.
- Licensing – UK Gambling Commission laws protect players and provide a safer gaming environment. By obtaining licenses casinos and betting sites agree to the rules and regulations. After getting the license, your website is further subjected to serious scrutiny to ensure responsible gaming. Any gambling site or company that is without registration is not allowed to operate in the UK.
- Regulations – The UKGC regulates all licensed sites and casinos, they make sure fairness exist in the gambling industry. If found to have contravened the rules and law that govern the industry, the commission will impose hefty fines on your casino or betting site. Always stay on the right side of the law to avoid penalties and the risk of UKGC withdrawing your license.
- Safety – The laws created by UKGC require that all companies to have accomplished the necessary security measures before you get issued a license. The UK’s gambling sites are expected to offer best security measures to their clients. The security measures include using firewalls to protect data and encryption of the payment methods that players prefer using.
What Does UK Gambling Regulation Mean to You?
By formulating regulations, the UK government wants to ensure that you as a player get enough protection from schemes or gambling sites that steal from you. In addition, the government seeks to provide fair competition in the gaming industry.
Notwithstanding, other UK gambling clients and gambling stakeholders claim that the regulation is unfair and aims to only benefit from tax collected from the gambling industry.
Legal UK gambling websites:
- 888 casinos
- Titan bet casino
- Virgin games
UK Gambling Games
Most players in the UK prefer websites that offer the best gaming experience. Currently, gaming software developers have designed quality games that offer you the best playing experience. UK gambling developers have incorporated best graphics and sounds to allow you to play and enjoy the game.
Players search for latest games that have the best features, be it online poker, lotteries, or bingo. Gambling games can be divided into two main categories casino games and sports betting.
Many casino games in the United Kingdom can be played both online and offline. They offer gamers the best opportunity to play and win. They include slots, table games, and cards games.
- Sports Betting
Sports are recreational and entertainment events enjoyed by many people worldwide. Gambling has incorporated favorite sports among its list of game making sporting activities even sweater. It’s not only the odds and wins that matters, but also the joy and happiness that come with the game. Many Betting events exist in the United Kingdom; they include football, horse racing, tennis, golf, and basketball among other sports.
There are many types of betting on a gambling website, for example, football gambling websites offer a variety of ways to place a bet. They include:
- The team /player that will win.
- The number of goals.
- The number of corners.
- Which player will score?
- Which team will win the first half?
Do you wish to sign up for a gambling website? If yes, how will you deposit and withdraw your funds from your account? Well, gambling is not complete without payment providers; they exist to make gaming easier by providing you with the best-protected channels for your online transactions. For example, PayPal, Neteller, and Skrill among others offer online payment options that you can link to your account. The methods are preferred because they are efficient and trusted by many.
Gaming software developers are essential in compiling industry. Providers such as Playtech, Microgaming, and Evolution Gaming among many others play a crucial role in gambling. For better gambling experience you should always partner with best software developers for quality games. Best games attract many clients to your casino; before you choose a gaming software provider, think about your clients’ needs, and how the software will benefit your casino. Software providers produce quality slots to attract many fans to play the slots games.
Mobile for Gambling
Nowadays there have become more and more gamers who prefer gambling on their mobile phones because it’s readily, available and convenient. It also offers payment platform for gambling bills, and it’s even possible to download a mobile application that allows secure gambling.
For instance, mobile casinos installed on your phone enables you to play and win instantly, and you can also withdraw and deposit money immediately; you don’t have to visit back for making deposits and withdrawals.
Great Britain has numerous gaming sites. For you to play using their website, you must first sign up for particular websites of your choice. UK gambling sites like All British Casino, Multi Lotto, leovegas.com among others are some of the places you can sign up. Signing up allows you to deposit your funds and start playing. It also gives you an opportunity to play your favorite slots or place a bet.
Sign up Bonuses
Upon signing for a particular casino, you get a welcoming bonus. The rewards allow you to start playing instantly. After signing up for an online gaming website, you need to choose the type of reward to get. The bonus type may range from casino bonuses, poker bonuses, bingo bonuses and sports bonuses.
Casino bonus – UK casino websites have several bonuses that they grant to new clients upon signing up for their sites, some of the sites include:
- Ladbrokes casino which offers £50 free bets to new customers.
- 32RED.COM casino provides £32 free for every £20 deposit by new customers.
- Coral Casino gives new players £50 bonus on depositing a minimum of £10.
Bingo bonus – Bingo sites in the UK also offer free bonuses to new sign-ups. Some of the sites include:
- Bet regular bingo which offers £15 bingo bonus and £10 bingo slots to new customers upon staking a minimum of £5.
- Foxy Bingo offers new players with £120 on four wagering upon depositing a minimum of £10 on his/her account.
- Sun Bingo awards new players £20 upon depositing and staking £10 in their accounts.
Poker bonus – Some of the awards include:
- Paddy Power Poker offers new customers £5 mobile heads-up tournament entry, £ 10 twisted poker tournament entries among others.
- Full Tilt Poker offers £20 free play with a minimum of £10 deposit.
- Party Poker gives a maximum of £250 to new players upon depositing a minimum of £10 and must meet wagering requirements.
Sports bonus – Gaming companies in the UK offer sport betting rewards for new clients upon signing, for instance:
- Bet365 offers new clients £100 in bet credits after depositing £5 or more in your account.
- Betfred gives a free £30 bonus to new clients upon depositing £10.
- Sky Bet offers free bets non-withdrawable.
Gambling sites offer many rewards to inspire customers. The offers may range from free spins, free bets, free bingo games, free slots games and many other types of bonuses.
A well-regulated gambling industry has by far more benefits compared to unregulated sector. If you wish to sign up for a gaming website in future, consider the factor that makes gambling successful, including the regulations, games, software developers and payment providers among others.