The Best Casinos and Bonuses to Play Slots on Linux
- Casino.com – It is an online gambling parlor whose parent organization, Mansion, came about over a decade ago in 2004, and has a customer base of more than two million members. The renowned ONISAC Ltd (a company with its headquarters in Gibraltar) owns Casino.com. Additionally, it has licensure from the Laws of Gibraltar, under the registration of RGL 053, courtesy of the 2005 Gambling Act. With the 128-bit SSL encryption software, players’ information (personal and financial) remains 100% confidential and is inaccessible by a third party, not to mention the availability in over 40 languages, thus catering to participants located in Asia, Europe, and South America. What is more is that it offers amazing Instant casino bonuses, for instance, the generous Welcome promotion of up to $400, in the form of a 200% Matched reward, which successfully lures in new players. For example, if you make a down payment of $800 upon registration, then this automatically triggers an additional $1600, thereby giving you $2400 to wager and try your luck at scoring some wins. Every Tuesday, the platform gives members the opportunity of winning up to 25% in promotional bankroll.
- Lucky Nugget – While it may not be the biggest name in the online gambling sector, Lucky Nugget has successfully managed to attract a loyal following, with a multitude of participants relishing in the phenomenal games and bonuses on the platform. Since it penetrated the industry two decades ago in 1998, it offers bettors the option of playing in two ways; the first is via a Flash such as Adobe, which is the most popular alternative, and the second is via downloading the software to a Mobile device or PC. Furthermore, players can play the games for free, without the requirement of registering an account. However, when they opt to partake with some bankroll on the line, then they will need to sign-up an account.Participants have an assortment of banking options to pin down, from which they can choose the most convenient one, running the gamut from Skrill, Visa, Paysafecard, MasterCard, Neteller, PayPal, Entropay, EcoPayz, and e-check, to mention a few.Those looking for Linux online casinos with a profusion of superb promotions will be elated with the ones they find at Lucky Nugget. For starters, there are Sign-up offers which come in a choice of two; the standard reward in the form of a 150% Match of your first cash-in (up to $200), and the second, is the one meant for high-rollers whereby players receive an additional 100% of their initial down payment, which can as much as a substantial $1000.
- 888 – 888 Holdings, the parent organization of the prominent 888 Casino, came about in 1997 and was one of the first web-based gambling parlors to accept electronic stake levels. It is not only one of the oldest-operating casinos, but also part of the 888 group of betting websites which include 888Poker, and 888Bingo, to list a cadre.Those who register and become members automatically trigger a sign-up promotion in the form of a 100% of their first cash-in (up to $200), which they can use to enjoy the games and attain some cash prizes. Furthermore, the platform has additional bonuses which players can claim, for instance, as much as $1200 in real money during the Happy Hour events which occur monthly. At these events, you get the fantastic opportunity of earning a 10% monthly reimbursement of up to $100, after your first year of membership. With the incorporation of the highly advanced Random Logic software, 888 supports fourteen different languages, running the gamut from Magyar, French, Danish, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Spanish, English, Latvian, Romanian, Italian, German, Russian, and Czech.
From the above, it is quite evident that partaking in casino games that run on an online Linux operating system can be quite entertaining, more so, if you pin down an operator (such as the ones mentioned) which exudes reliability, and trustworthiness, with everything you seek.
The Types of Internet Wagering Parlors Exuding Compatibility with Linux
As you know, the three playing options which are currently available range from Instant Play, Installing Windows, and last but not least, Installing Wine.
- Instant Play/ No Download Platforms – These provide the simplest alternatives for partaking in Linux compatible games. Almost all betting parlors that you encounter today provide an option for immediate gameplay, with no download required. Thus, this option enables participants who do not use Windows OS, to gain access to the casino services through their web browsers. Hence, a single click is enough to avail the software and for Ubuntu users, any browser which supports Flash animations as well as graphics will get the Linux slots functioning directly. With that said, there are no installations required, except that of Adobe Flash player, which you will pin down on the Adobe website, as freeware. While installation may be as easy as mastering the alphabet, those using 64-bit Ubuntu machines will find a plethora of informative tutorials on the web. It is essential to keep in mind that setting up this Flash player offers unlimited access to virtually every Instant Play casino. A myriad of the table games alongside slot machines in downloaded platforms are readily available, and they run smoothly without any hitches. Lastly, the benefits of this option entail: no downloading of bulky files to your hard drive, thereby freeing up space, relishing in the excitement from any computer with a stable internet connection, and swift game selection, as all you require doing is logging in, pinning down a game which tickles your fancy and playing it.
- Wine Installation – Gamblers can get the same mind-blowing gaming encounter that Windows users relish in, through getting the specific .exe files, up and running. As such, they begin by downloading the open source program called Wine that serves as an emulator for Windows. It thereby permits Windows apps to function on the Linux online OS, through the translation of the API on the fly. Therefore, this means that the complete download of the Windows gaming software will have the ability to play locally, with prompt and highly reliable performance. To set up Wine, all you have to do is download the software package which is most compatible with your Linux version, from the official website, and use the Wine Tools for the setup. It is at this point that players will need to install the TrueType core fonts as well as the programs for Windows System. Upon doing so and setting up the emulator, you will then be able to download the gaming software, to get it running on the emulator. Slot fans should not encounter any difficulties irrespective of the Ubuntu version in use. Nevertheless, they will have to run the command prompt which begins the setup. The last procedure entails rebooting Wine under the command “wine-boot,” during which there may be a coterie of technical or connection issues, whereby the solution is to make adjustments to a few settings and alternatives, to get the online games for Linux or Ubuntu functioning properly. All the same, users of the former who prefer to have some Internet betting software downloaded on their PCs or laptops get an incredibly viable option.
- Setting Up Windows through Dual Boot for Playing Casino Games on Linux Online – The installation of a dual boot system is the third alternative which a user has, to gain access to an Internet wagering platform. It entails running Windows onto a Linux device and permitting the two OS, to function simultaneously. Thus, any time the computer is on, users have a selection between two OS alternatives. They can then download the web-based gambling software in Windows, such that they will have the flexibility of going about their daily activities on Linux, while still getting to play free games online without downloading. Hence, they indeed get the best of both worlds. The flipside of doing this is that it occupies a ton of memory on the hard drive. It also exudes riskiness, since it basically involves partitioning the hard drive, which comes with the likelihood of the loss of files. It is therefore essential to understand what the Dual Boot entails, before attempting it, for the protection of your PC, not to mention getting a positive outcome.